Friday, April 29, 2011

Trip to the Beach

So I busted out the DSLR for some better photos recently.

Let's start with the daily life stuff first:

I got a box from my parents! And then I turned the box it into a large garbage can! I'm so thrifty.

Check it out. This corner is so much more tidy looking now...

Made myself stove top curry ramen and added hot sauce, fresh tomatoes, and frozen spinach. It was the best thing I've ever made to date.

The day before I made "bruschetta," if you can call it that. I sliced up baguette and topped it with spinach and tomatoes... and hot sauce.

It was delicious.

I baked them in my... toaster... oven?

Yeah, I've got this interesting feature with my stove top where I can divert the power to a small... oven drawer thing right below the coil units. Check it out:
weird, right?

Just a little bit of snow left in the area.

My parking spot.

Even some of the larger hills in the area are losing their snow at this point. Almost feels like spring. Almost.

I've gotten better at using these corner mirrors to confidently drive when visibility is slim.
I remember seeing these all over Europe as well.

Today the weather was really nice so I decided to go and get some footage/shots from my typical drive up north along the coast. Warning: it's super shaky/nauseating and I set the whole thing to smooth jamz, so be prepared for that as well.



I teach at three different schools on the water and two of them are north of my town along the stretch in these photos...
More snowless hills. These are directly across from the ocean.

Went down to the water today. The water was pretty brown...

Mountains and the ocean.

The sand is of this very fine, brown quality.

A wall with engravings across from the sea.

Pay phone by the beach.

Panoramic shot from the beach walkway.

Small shrine by some railroad tracks.

View of the ocean from the shrine.

2 comments: