Sunday, May 29, 2011

Spring Finally Arrived

I got a spring haircut - I was little nervous about how short it was on the sides, but it all turned out okay.

Let's talk about ice cream - I love Japanese ice cream. It's a large component in my decision to live here. I'm not joking. These three items are at the top of my list.

The flat, triangular one is a waffle cone lined with chocolate, filled with vanilla ice cream and topped with crispy chocolate. The flattened body design gives this dessert the proper aerodynamics to consume the entire thing in 0.21 seconds.

The middle item is waffle-shaped cone filled with vanilla ice cream and a chocolate bar center. I can eat 3 of these in a row.

The last item is Coolish, which is simply icy vanilla ice cream in a metal pouch. It's one of the best vanilla flavors I've ever had. I first discovered Coolish while studying abroad in Tokyo.


Got a tie in the mail from my parents!

So lately I've noticed a soft "whooshing" noise outside of my apartment and it sounded something like a large river. But there was no evidence of this from my line of sight outside of my apartment. All I could see were orchards, so I assumed it was some sort of farm work going on. But upon further inspection I found something completely different...

A giant river with a bridge to be more specific.

How'd I miss this?


The river is also accompanied by a large, river-side park which has been meticulously maintained. You can't tell from this picture, but the park goes on and on - to the left, it expands quite a lot, with several areas of different elevation.

One of the park buildings - reminds me of something you'd see in Howard County - like in Maple Lawn maybe.

The following day - today, that is - I awoke to find something very surprising concerning this park. That's for next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment